Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I just don't understand...

Ok, I have to admit that there is something going on that I don't understand.  I've now been on TWO interviews that were set up through agencies where I was told by the interviewer that I should DEFINITELY hear something by a specific day/time and not only do I NOT hear by that day/time but I can no longer get through by any means to the agency.  I call, the call goes to voicemail and I get no call back. I email and get no response.

Have things really gotten to the point where you are no longer worthy of common courtesy if you fail to be chosen for a job?  Is it really so hard to tell someone "I'm sorry, they went with another candidate"?  Are things really to the point where people are so afraid of delivering bad news that they just disappear rather than taking 5 seconds to send an email?  I mean, you can have a pre-written email that says "we don't like you, please never again darken our doorstep" and then just send it out to the rejected candidates.

I don't understand why common courtesy is no longer common...


No comments: