Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Monday, August 6, 2012

Burning the Midnight Oil

It was not the most productive weekend, therefore, I am putting in a little "overtime" tonight in an effort to get things done.  The nice part about being up late is that it is quiet and there is less of a chance of being interrupted in the middle of whatever you choose to work on.  The down side, of course, is that noise must be kept to a minimum because the rest of the world is sleeping. 

I was contacted about a job last week that was the 3PM-11PM shift.  Second shift is a tough one because you completely lose touch with the rest of the world  You are working when people are home and relaxing and you are sleeping through a majority of normal business hours.  It makes it challenging to have any sort of life outside of work (not that I have a really busy life outside of work, but 2nd shift would essentially rob me of having ANY real social life possibilities).  The pay for the position was well below what it is really viable for me to take, so I decided to pass on the opportunity.

Still... there is something to be said for peace and quiet (another reason that 2nd shift would be hard... apparently no one else where I live works for a living and it is NOISY here during the day, even when the kids are supposed to be in school).

I've got an interview lined up for this week.  I am trying to not get TOO excited but it is a job that I think I'd really like.  And maybe I will hear about the other opportunity that is allegedly "moving forward".  (There's a third possibility, but honestly, it's not very attractive so if it stalls out, I'm fine with that).

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

No comments: