Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Friday, August 10, 2012

Ego Check

I had an interview yesterday and the interviewer had said he expected to make a decision by the end of the day and I should hear something early today.  Well, it's almost the close of the business day and not a peep.  I was pretty sure I was going to get an offer so I am pretty humbled that I'm not going to be offered the opportunity.

The job I really want hasn't contacted me, either and it's already been a month going through their process, so I am not really holding out much hope of things moving along (and me getting back to work) too quickly.

There were a couple of prospects that were "hot" a week/week and a half ago that just totally went cold/dead.  I'd be lying if I said I was taking it well.  I am starting to panic. Because if I don't get something soon, I am going to have to start looking at taking jobs that don't pay as well and will need to get a second job in order to pay the bills.

I am trying to maintain confidence and a positive attitude, but really feel like I have gotten a hard reality slap this week and am feeling very rejected and humbled and my spirit is breaking.

I will start anew on Monday.  I'm going to try to not think too much about it this weekend.  But I am pretty heartbroken right now.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!


No comments: