Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Monday, March 22, 2010

Here's the status

Heading into Monday (again) here's where things stand.

No appointments.
No credible pending anything (I say that because although I have allegedly been submitted for a couple of different contract positions, I've not heard anything in long enough that I don't believe the jobs are really available... they've either been filled or cancelled).
Back to Square One.

It's frustrating to keep finding myself back here. Even more frustrating is knowing that Other Half loathes his job and right now making a change isn't really an option. We need the income too much.

I'm not sure anymore how much of the problem is the economy and how much of it is ME. I feel like there's some rule about all of this that I haven't been told and it's keeping me from being able to get a job. And the very idea of working another 6 month contract is making me simply ill right now. To know I'd be right back to Square One in six months with yet ANOTHER short term job to have to explain on my resume just makes me feel queasy. But the reality is that I simply don't have the option to be picky right now.

Here's hoping that something turns up. Soon.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

I feel your pain. I've been looking (with no luck) for 13 months! I'm begining to feel I'm at the age that it's too late to start over in an employer's eyes! :(