Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby Steps

Still no word from what seems to be the main hope for employment. I do have an interview tomorrow that will be quite a trek but we shall see how it ends up going. It would be quite a lengthy commute every day.

I got sent a list of "Screening Questions" by another potential contract position today. If they go strictly by "things I have already done", then I have to be honest and say that I likely won't even get an interview. But, honestly, I do have the capacity to learn new skills, especially computer software skills, pretty quickly. Still, it's only fair that they might want to hire someone that they don't have to train and I understand that. Still, I can now at least try to pick up the skill so if I am asked about it in the future, I will be able to say that I have studied it and go from there.

I am certainly working on honing my follow-up skills this week. I am pretty sure that the main position I am waiting to hear about is not going to be decided in my favor. I need to let it go and move on.

That's about all there is to say at the moment. More when there is more to tell!

No comments: