Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I waited 5 and a half weeks for this??

So, today was the day I got my "training" to do the job I was hired to do. Do you want to know what that training consisted of?

Tudie: "I wasn't trained on any of this. They just gave me this PowerPoint thingy and told me to have fun... and ummm, I don't really know how to train anybody so here's the link to the PowerPoint thingy. Bossman says you're bright so I'm sure you won't have any trouble figuring it out...."

Ok. Yeah. That was ever so helpful. And TOTALLY worth waiting 5 and a half weeks for. And then she was all indignant that I wasn't ready to hop on the phones, at 3PM and start making collections calls. I've got 2 new software systems that I'm going to have to figure out myself and I'm just supposed to jump into calls with NO research? No idea how to pull up information in these systems (because I hadn't perused the "PowerPoint thingy" yet)? No... that wasn't going to happen. Because if I am going to be talking on the phone with people, I want to be able to sound like I know what the beejeezus I'm doing.

Oh and... bosslady is on vacation until next Wednesday. Who do they have filling in for her? Yep, it's Tudie. I give it until noon tomorrow before I get called into Bossman's office. I'll be surprised if I still have a job come week's end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Is that Job ever going to get any better for you?