Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Monday, May 24, 2010

Drawbacks to being "just a temp"...

There isn't a "standard" in the world of temps/contract workers as far as getting paid for time off. In some cases, I have had the "major" holidays as paid holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (and sometimes the day after), Christmas Day (sometimes Christmas Eve) and New Year's Day as paid holidays.

The company I work for now doesn't do ANY paid holidays. Which means that next Monday (Memorial Day) I will have the day off (company I work at is closed) and I will not get paid for that day. It is, therefore, my intent to just enjoy the extended weekend and not worry that I'm not getting paid for it and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. My co-workers? Yeah, they all get paid. Whatever.

And, Bossman can be an asshat all he likes about my collecting. But the truth of the matter is that I've resolved about 2 dozen very past due accounts. Without a single phone call. Because I am not going to call people that someone else just called 2 days ago. I'll EMAIL them. I'll FAX them, but I will NOT call them. And I'm getting results. HA!

Still have heard nothing about the opportunity that came up early last week. Since they kept asking over and over if I was available immediately, I'm figuring that I was not a candidate who was chosen to move forward. It happens. You can spend time feeling bad about it or you can move on.

This is me moving on...

No comments: