Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Big Job Ahead

For many reasons, I am needing to "repackage" myself for my next career move. I am assuming that the next job I look for will be in the state I plan to move to...where no one knows me and so I have somewhat a new start. I am not sure what the job market there is like so I am thinking that I need to start repackaging now.

The big job is going to be remembering all of the places that I have my resume posted online and going to take each of them down. I am wondering if just completely erasing the accounts and starting all over again is maybe the best way to go.

This doesn't mean that I intend to lie about my past or my experience. I think there are ways to make myself more marketable and appealing, though, and I can't do that with the current look/feel of my resume.

The hardest part is going to be references, though. Once you've left a job and haven't been there for a while, the people who knew you who might be good references go away, too. And the best reference letter I have... well.... the person who wrote it has moved on multiple times and I doubt he is still reachable.

I'm hoping to get everything tracked down and taken care of by the end of the month and then can start on the new stuff. Then, by June I will be up and running with the new look.

No comments: