Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Monday, July 23, 2012

Interview - Round One

I have an interview tomorrow. I had a phone interview with this company last week and tomorrow will be Round One of the face-to-face interviews.  Other than a couple of rejections and a couple of dead ends, there hasn't been much forward progress, so I am looking forward to this but, of course, have some trepidation, as I always do, going into a situation where I am uncertain of the outcome.

I am thinking a great deal about appearance related things. I have put a clear coat of polish on my nails and I am agonizing over what to wear, what do do about makeup and the like.  I am just not very good at the feminine arts as I have generally regarded them as a waste of time over the years.  I know that not being the pretty one has cost me a job more than once. And I got one job because the boss's wife was a jealous woman and the boss wanted to "hire someone so unattractive that (my wife) could not complain about her".

So, think good thoughts in my direction as I head off to the interview tomorrow!  I'll let you know if I make it to Round 2 or if this will be "Game Over"... at least for this position.

No comments: