Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Matthew 7:1-3

I've found it interesting in the course of my temp job that most of my co-workers hold themselves out as Christians and yet display some of the most horrible, mean, catty, spiteful behavior I have ever been witness to...

They are judgmental, they are meanspirited, they act very self-righteous and as if their shit doesn't stink.

And....

I don't get it.  Every Monday in the little viper den that we all share, it sounds like a revival... talking about all the things that happened at church over the weekend.  This discussion is loud, impossible to ignore and destroys my concentration.  Glad you had a good time at church and that Mr. So & So was "saved" but, really, we need to get to work now.

I have no problem with people who choose to be religious. What I have a problem with is people who are sanctimonious. Don't be praising G-d out of one side of your mouth and telling outright lies about your co-workers in the same breath.

Trust me, if we enforced The Golden Rule at my office, there would be a LOT of really unhappy people.

I, for one, am tired of being lied about. Tired of being talked about. Tired of seeing co-workers who do nothing all day get moved into supervisory positions.  I have less than zero respect for the person who was promoted to be our overlord (at least, she treats us as if she is our overlord) and I cannot WAIT to find another job so I can leave the viper den and work with PROFESSIONALS again.

And I know you are probably thinking that I am being mighty judgmental just writing this, but here's the thing. I don't parade around trumpeting about how pious I am and how much I love G-d, nor do I think I am perfect or better than anyone else.  I don't lie about people, I don't treat people disrespectfully, ESPECIALLY when they've never done a thing wrong to me and I work every day.. I don't sit around goofing off, collecting the same paycheck that the hardworking folks collect.

I've tried to be friendly. I've tried to get along. I've tried to give folks the benefit of the doubt.  In return, I've been lied about, I've been spit on and I've been threatened.

Hoping I get some more interviews... soon!


No comments: