Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Monday, December 10, 2012

Manic Monday

I have an interview scheduled for this afternoon (Monday). I am a little freaked out by that.  It's not that I am not happy with my current job, it's more a matter of the current job not providing enough hours and my being a workaholic.  And current job not understanding quite where my skills lie. But I am learning a metric fuckton (it's a legal term... the attorney I worked for used it all the time) of new things.  Anyhoo, it's just up the road from current bosslady's house and I think it would be a nice, solid, stable income to rely upon that I could supplement my current income with and still not work more than 65 hours a week. Which I know sounds horrible if you work a 40 hour week on the regular and want nothing to do with working more hours but for me, at this point, I NEED that income.

Why, you ask? Well, I am getting ready to sign yet another year's lease at the place I am currently living. Which is, for lack of a more politically correct terminology, the ghetto.  I need to get out of here. I would like to be able to, at some point, afford my own car.  I need to start digging myself out of debt.  Annnnd, I thought I had an expense ending in November that ends up will be dragging out until July.  Sigh.  So, working 2 jobs is sortve necessary and having something with a reliable paycheck will be nice. Plus, it's hedging my bets on what the current bosslady's real plans are.  I know that sounds pessimistic, but it is actually just realistic.

So, there you have it... I'm interviewing. It's a little scary.  We'll see what happens.

No comments: