Popular 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Maybe she was right...

In 1992 I was told by an efficiency expert brought in to the place I was working that I was in the wrong field and needed to get out immediately. I was five years into the career that I remain in to this day. I was told that I was absolutely lousy at what I was doing and that I could never hope to be a success at it. I had (and still have) no other skills.

Most of the time, I have felt that this person was wrong and that I AM good at what I do. Or, at least, I am not a dismal failure at it.

But there are days, like today, when I look at it all and wonder if maybe she was right. That maybe I do completely suck at what I do even though I've been doing it for a long time now.

I have no idea what else I could have done or what I could do now that's different.

Maybe she was right. Maybe I should have listened. Maybe I'm just fooling myself into thinking I am capable. Maybe after a good nights sleep it will look better in the morning.

1 comment:

Empty Nester said...

OR maybe she was being a jerk and you ARE good at what you do and simply had a bad day. No one can make you feel inferior without your permission! (I think Eleanor Roosevelt said that). I'm a new follower from Over 40!